Want some basic Internet marketing tips for your small business? There are hundreds of suggestions that I can make, however, here’s a list of 10 that Ithink might be the most useful for 90% of small business owners.
1What is the goal of your website? Ultimately, it should be to drive more business, but how exactly will it do that? Start with a goal. Do you want to increase the number of phone calls. While it is very important to set goals, it is just as important to come up with a system to measure these goals.
2. Content, content, content! What is your website saying? When I land on your site are you fixing my pain? Are you telling me who you are, what you do and are you giving me a reason to contact you? Is your content unique and useful? Will I learn anything when I visit your site? Do you have new, fresh, relevant content? Is your site easy to read? Is it worth reading? Does your content match your business goals?
3. Contact information! Visit your website. Is it easy to get ahold of you? Do I have to go to the bottom of the page to find out how to get ahold of you? Is your contact information on every page? Are you making it easy for me to call you? Please do not make me search for your phone number or contact info. Please make it easy for me to get ahold of you.
4. Call tracking and analytics. With the internet, you don't have to guess how people are finding you. You have the ability to track your efforts down to the phone call. You can’t improve upon what you can’t measure. Tracking provides a tremendous amount of useful data, such as where your website visitors come from, how long they stay, and what they do on your site. Google analytics is free and pretty darn good, and I recommend it. I also recommend you make sure you can track every lead that’s generated by your website. I can help with this. All our campaigns are tracked and reported daily.
5. Free local business directories. Most local business directories are completely free. You can get your business listed in each of the directories below for free. Remember the more places to be seen and selected online the better.
- Google Local Business Center
- Yahoo! Local
6. Check out your competition. Do a google search for your best competition and then claim listings all the places that they show up. Visit your competitions website and find out if they are saying things different or better than you. Do searches for the keywords related to your business. Do you show up? Does your competition show up?
7. Makeover your website. Most business owners love their websites, but the first step to improving your website is to admit that there are some things that could be changed. No website is perfect, and every website can be improved. Change is good.
8. Blog. Every business has something to gain by blogging. The list of benefits is long, but here’s a short list of reasons small businesses should blog. If nothing else you can become the leading authority on what you do. Remember, the more places to be seen and selected online...the better.
9. Online Videos. Online video is the future, and every business needs to have something on YouTube, Metacafe, etc. Did you know that youtube is the second largest search enginge? Well, you do now. Create your own videos, have a professional video made but make sure that you have a video about your business. People like this and the more content about you online...the better.
10. Contact me. Online marketing takes time and it also takes some skill. Most business owners are good at running their business. I am good at helping you market your business online. I offer a free web presence analysis for you and your business. I like to learn about your business and your business goals and see if I can find a solution for you.
Here are some of the things I can help you with:
- Small to Medium Sized Business Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing - Pay Per Click Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization - SEO
- Social Media Management - FREE Starter Guide Upon Request
- Facebook Advertising & FREE Set Up of Facebook Fan Page
- Online Reputation Management - FREE Online Reputation Analysis
- Display Advertising (Online Banner Advertising) Starting at $500 per campaign
- Online Re-Marketing - Follow Your Website Visitors & bring them back to buy
- Website Live Chat - Live operators chat with your website visitors
- Professional Online Video Production- Flat Rate - $1435
- TotalTrack-Track your traditional media
I am an internet marketing expert in Salt Lake City, Utah and I can help you acquire new customers, build brand awareness and manage your online reputation. All my campaigns are tracked and reported on a daily basis for success!
ReachLocal is the world’s largest digital advertising platform for local business. We believe that soon all businesses will acquire, manage and retain their customers 100% digitally. That’s why our mission is to help small-to-medium sized businesses manage this digital transformation and reach new customers as they surf, search and socialize online.
I can provide your business the broadest reach, 98% of the places people search online, consultative expertise and patent-pending technology. Working with me means working with a company that has been nationally recognized for achievements in technology and growth, including our most recent high ranking on Inc. magazine’s 2009 Inc. 500 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America.
Call me today!