According to the 2008 Cone Business in Social Media Study, 93% of Americans believe that a company should have a presence on social media sites and 85 percent believe that these companies should use these services to interact with consumers.
What do you think?
Here are some other interesting data points from the study:
- 60% of Americans regularly interact with companies on a social media site
- 43% of consumers say that companies should use social networks to solve the consumers' problems
- 41% believe that companies should use social media tools to solicit feedback on products and services
- Men are more likely to use social media tools to interact with a company than women (33% vs. 17%)
- 33% of younger consumers (18-34) and those with household incomes over $75,000 believe that companies should try to market to them through social networks
Do you use social media to interact with companies?