Yesterday I met with a client and he was told by his SEO service provider that his PPC campaign has negatively affected his SEO and negatively affected the traffic to his site. I just want to put it out there. THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. If your SEO or your SEM service provider tells you this, I’d probably run.
Here is a quote and a link to the article directly from Google that discusses this issue:
“Adwords advertising has no impact on your ranking in search results – the two are completely separate”. Click here for the article.
“What to watch out for:
Many third parties have earned our trust by representing the best interests of their advertisers. However, there are tactics practiced by non-PSP groups that you should watch out for:
- Claiming to be from Google: Ask the agency to email you from their Google.com email address. If you’re still unsure, forward their email to Google.
- Harassing or bullying you into signing up: If you don’t buy from that agency, they can’t harm the performance of your current ad campaign or the position of your business in the search results.
- Deceptive pricing: The agency may not use the correct advertising budget as agreed with you - ensure you get an official copy of your agreement in writing.
- Guaranteeing ad placement: It’s not possible to guarantee ad placement on Google.com search results pages – even we can’t do that. Your AdWords ad position is determined by an auction and changes dynamically with every new search.
- Claiming AdWords will affect your organic or natural search ranking: AdWords advertising has no impact on your ranking in search results – the two are completely separate.
- Not sharing the cost and performance of AdWords campaigns: You have a right to know the cost of your AdWords campaign and how it performed.”
If your SEO, PPC, or online marketing specialist is telling you any of the above things, I’d probably reconsider my relationship with them. ReachLocal is a Google AdWords Premier SMB Partner and we’ve been chosen for a reason. The only thing I’ll ever guarantee you is that not advertising and not doing anything to ensure that you show up more often in more places online will make it so you aren’t found and your competition is. It's really that simple. I believe having a well rounded onlilne marketing strategy will be what helps you find more potential clients and will help you and your business.
Call me if you want to increase your web presence and start marketing with a company that’s been handpicked by Google. You won’t be disappointed.