Search Engine Marketing---It goes by many different names: paid search, sponsored listings, Google Adwords, pay per click, SEM, and of course, search engine marketing… and it is one of the most important strategies to any successful internet marketing program for local business. You need to be available when your potential clients are looking for you or looking for what you do. Here are some of the best practices for driving qualified traffic to your website through Search Engine Marketing.
- Advertise where your audience is looking (More than just Google). We can put your business 98% of the places people search online.
- Introduce yourself through targeted text ads (Enable dynamic ads and use a strong call to action whenever possible.)
- Don't forget to bid on your business name (Your competitors already are) and it's the most relevant and cost effective keyword out there. It's important that you dominate the page especially when people are specifically looking for you. Make it easy for them to find you.
- Direct your consumers to a conversion-friendly landing page that contains key information first and multiple ways to contact you. Tell them who you are, what you do, how can they get in touch with you and why they should call you. Don't forget your call to action.
- Remarketing works! (Extraordinarily cost-effective way to create top-of-mind awareness of your brand for consumers who have already visited your website). What would it mean to your business if you could follow potential clients around the internet?
- Track, Measure, and Optimize around the right conversions. Don't guess. Use the keywords that make the phone ring, not the keywords that you think make the phone ring. With conversion based optimization...we don't guess. We know what keywords convert into phone calls...isn't that the point? Everyone can give you clicks but does everyone know what keyword made the phone ring?
The reason why Search Engine Marketing is such a cost-effective way to advertise online is that as a Salt Lake City business, you can choose which keywords to bid on, what message to send through your text ad, where they are seen (on Google/Yahoo/Bing/etc...) and the best part? You only pay when someone actually clicks on your ad and visits your website, which happens typically 1-2% of the time.
Call me today to learn more about pay per click advertising. Our campaigns are tracked daily so you can see your success.
1100 E. 6600 S. Suite 120
Murray, Utah 84121